SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
Short-term Disability insurance is designed to help protect your income if you’re hurt or sick and can’t work. It’s:
- A percentage of your income every week.
- A way to help pay the bills.
- The support to help you get back on your feet and back to work safely.
- Affordable group rates with convenient payroll deductions.
Consider these facts:
- Health insurance only covers medical bills. It won’t pay for groceries or monthly living expenses.
- Workers’ Compensation kicks in only in the event of a work-related accident or injury.
- Long-Term Disability kicks in only after a 90-day waiting period.
How much coverage am I able to purchase?
60% of your pre-disability earnings up to a maximum of $1,000 per week
All active full-time employees who works at least 30 hours per week on a regularly scheduled basis.
When can I elect my coverage?
During initial benefit election, during annual enrollment, or within 30 days of a family status change.
This insurance is guaranteed issue coverage. It is available without having to provide information about your health.
How long before I receive benefits?
On the 15th day of your disability.
When will my benefits end?
After 13 weeks of not being able to work in your own occupation.
What about pre-existing conditions?
Must be treatment-free for 3 consecutive months before the date your plan begins. After your plan has been in effect for 12 months, no limitations on pre-existing conditions.